Friday, June 4, 2010

My Jog Blog

Jesse Owens once said, "I always loved running . . . it was something you could do by yourself and under your own power. You could go in any direction, fast or slow as you wanted, fighting the wind if you felt like it, seeking out new sights just on the strength of your feet and the courage of your lungs." Well, ladies and gents, that's what I plan on doing. I'm going to run and run and seek out new sigths every day.
Lately, I've found that I lead a sedentary life. I wake up at a 4am, go to work, sit in a chair for 8 hours, eat what I probably shouldn't for lunch, go home, spend time with my wonderful wife and daughter and go to bed. Wash, rinse, then repeat. That being the case, I need to be more active, I need to loose weight, and I need motivation to do so. After some time brainstorming about what I could do to motivate myself to get out and run, the thought occured to me that by documenting my travels, there might be a way to get me outside and into a daily regement of physical activity. Photo jogging is my solution. Photo jogging is my resolution.

The video below is from "Yes Man," and it reminded me of what I'll be doing every afternoon from now on.




"Wish I had some PF Flyers"
-Cory

No comments:

Post a Comment