Friday, June 25, 2010

Jog Blog Day #10 - Lizard Hill

So you do remember the trail with the power lines and the huge population of lizards?  Well, I've run it a few times and I've decided to use that trail as my control, kinda like the "Fun Run" we used to have in Jr. High.  Due to the huge amounts of lizard on this trail, I've named it: Lizard Hill!  I need to find a way to tell how I'm progressing over time and I really enjoy this run.  It has everything a quick trail run needs.  A steep incline at the beginning and a plethora of ups and downs after that, the trail is challenging in that it is littered with rocks that require very agile strides as you run.  I'd rate the trail's difficulty level at just above medium which I think is ideal for a constant with my various runs. 
Today's run was pleasant.  I waited until the sun was a little lower in the sky so it wasn't nearly as hot as it normally is when I run.  I decided to really push today and do my best not so slow to a walk no matter how badly I wanted to.  I ended up walking twice (I guess I still have some more conditioning before I'm up to par), but I ran a good 90% of the time; dodging my feet in between boulders mostly, to keep myself from eating dirt.  If I ever do fall on that trail, I'll be in for a load of hurt because there are very few spaces where there's enough room to fall and not get shanked by pointy rocks (therein lies the challenge).
The turn back point of the trail is marked by a very large water tank that's being dug out for some reason or another so I thought I'd share it with you, and next to the tank was this giant beetle.  He's kinda cute, don't you think?  Anyway, next time I run this one, I'll give you times and stats so we can see how much I've actually been improving.
Until next time...





"Wish I had some PF Flyers"

Cory

No comments:

Post a Comment